Josef Zinnbauer was ecstatic about the Soweto Derby result after leading Orlando Pirates to a 2-1 win over Kaizer Chiefs and has revealed what his side needed to do to overcome Gavin Hunt’s team.
The Buccaneers have now beaten Amakhosi three times in a row this season, following their two successive victories earlier in the campaign in the MTN8.
Following the entertaining DStv Premiership clash on Saturday at the Orlando Stadium, which helped Bucs to keep up the fight with leaders Mamelodi Sundowns and the likes of SuperSport United as well as Swallows FC, Zinnbauer said winning the duels, organised defensive structure and closing down crosses was the recipe to stop Amakhosi.
“Team effort is what you need against Kaizer Chiefs. This is a derby, it’s a special game and we have now three wins, it’s good for us and for the supporters also. But the thinking was three points,” said the coach, speaking to the media.
“It wasn’t easy, they have the quality and they have been very good in the last few weeks. They won three games in a row and had two draws and they are in a hype. They are not a team that you can easily score against and win. It wasn’t easy, you saw the weather for all the players and also for Kaizer Chiefs and for us deep field,” he added.
“You need to fight, you have to win the duels, you have to win the defence work and you have to win the crosses, and like I said on TV, Richard (Ofori) was very good today and the defenders made very good work today. We are happy we have these three points and we have to focus on the next game,” said Zinnbauer.
More to read
- Breaking news : JZ Reveals Pirates’ Formula Against Chiefs
- Madisha’s Passing Confirmed By Family
- Chiefs Boss Explains Ngcobo Decision
- Pass Or Fail? Hunt’s Midway Chiefs Report Card
- Derby Heroes Reveal The Secret Behind Bucs’ Triumph
- Downs Boss: PSL Has VAR Now?
- Lorch: We Knew Chiefs Were Slow Defensively
- Bucs Coach Praises Two Stars After Derby Win
- Swallows Maintain Unbeaten Record At SuperSport
- Nkosi Hoping Chiefs Are Going Back to ‘Olden Days’
- Bucs Punish Wasteful Chiefs In Soweto Derby
- Hunt: We Should Have Won Quite Comfortably