KSLH (VSL) is seeking to fill a position of a Driver with a professional who is dedicated, experienced and highly talented hospitality professional.
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Maintenance Officer, the role entails driving company vehicles in order to provide transport services to various departments within the area of jurisdiction.
- Drive the hotel / Lodge vehicles in a safe and comfortable manner to various authorized destinations.
- Provide transport services to various Departments within the Hotel/lodge
- Collects and dispatch documents and parcels form various destinations as may be required and when need arises
- Ensures that the vehicle is in good running order before embarking on any journey by checking amongst others. Oil, Fluids, Tyres, Accessories, Brakes, Cleanliness etc
- Report to the Maintenance Officer all major breakdowns and other issues that may assist in servicing the vehicle and shall not temper with the vehicle without the authorization of the HOD.
- Will ascertain that all Road Licenses, Driving License and Insurance, PSV, Safety belts, are valid before embarking on any journey
- Verify goods/items content in the vehicle as per dispatch document
- Performs any other relevant duties and special assignment /projects as may be directed by the Maintenance Officer/duty manager/unit manager
- Minimum ‘O’ level with at least KCSE Grade D Plus or equivalent.
- Professional Qualification; valid driver’s license classes ABCE,PSV License and Good conduct Certificate
- Length of experience: 2 years in a similar position
Additional skills required:
- Good communication skills-written & spoken.
- Ability to work under minimum Supervision,
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to details.
- To have basic knowledge to town