Kaizer Chiefs head coach Gavin Hunt felt his side should have won “quite comfortably” against Orlando Pirates on Saturday.
Pirates defeated Chiefs for a third time this season with a 2-1 success in the DStv Premiership at Orlando Stadium.
Chiefs had numerous opportunities, which included a penalty that Samir Nurkovic failed to convert in the second half.
“Ja, we played well, we should have won the game quite comfortably, what more do you want me to say? That’s it. I thought we did well,” Hunt told SuperSport TV after the match.
“The chances they cleared off the line, I don’t know how many they cleared off the line, so we did well you know. That’s it. I can’t fault the players.
“That’s pretty basic in football [to take chances] but you also have to defend better. I thought the second goal was poor from our side, there’s only one winner here, we should have won the game,” he said.
“But you’re chasing the game, the second goal goes in and it looks bad but we had chances to even make it 2-2, so ja disappointing.
“There’s a lot of things I can’t say it, let’s talk football but we had more than enough chances. In the first-half we should have been 2-0, 3-0 [up], it’s the same as the cup game, Khama [Billiat] and [Leonardo] Castro should have scored, we would have been 2-0 up before they even scored a goal, then it’s two away goals, it’s a different ball game and you end up losing,” he went on.
“It’s the same [as] today, I mean the goal that we missed there I don’t know what happened, Castro, [Samir ] Nurkovic went through before they even looked like scoring. So that was disappointing from our side but I knew we had to score first and we didn’t,” Hunt added.
More to read
- Breaking news : JZ Reveals Pirates’ Formula Against Chiefs
- Madisha’s Passing Confirmed By Family
- Chiefs Boss Explains Ngcobo Decision
- Pass Or Fail? Hunt’s Midway Chiefs Report Card
- Derby Heroes Reveal The Secret Behind Bucs’ Triumph
- Downs Boss: PSL Has VAR Now?
- Lorch: We Knew Chiefs Were Slow Defensively
- Bucs Coach Praises Two Stars After Derby Win
- Swallows Maintain Unbeaten Record At SuperSport
- Nkosi Hoping Chiefs Are Going Back to ‘Olden Days’
- Bucs Punish Wasteful Chiefs In Soweto Derby
- Hunt: We Should Have Won Quite Comfortably