Orlando Pirates forward Thembinkosi Lorch reveals the tactic they used to take advantage of Kaizer Chiefs’ ‘slow’ defence.
For a third time season, Pirates got the better of their Soweto rivals after claiming a 2-1 win at Orlando Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Lorch managed to get the opening goal on the day and also went on to scoop the Man of the Match award on the day.
“Firstly I’d like to thank the man above for the talent he has given me, I promised that I will honour it,” Lorch told SuperSport after the game.
“I’ve been playing as a number nine, I’ve been playing as a number nine since the game against Maritzburg [United] so the coach told me I have to play there because we don’t have strikers and I had to do the job.
“We’ve been practicing it to play the ball on top because we know that defensively they’re slow, so ja that how it [the goal] came,” he added.
More to read
- Breaking news : JZ Reveals Pirates’ Formula Against Chiefs
- Madisha’s Passing Confirmed By Family
- Chiefs Boss Explains Ngcobo Decision
- Pass Or Fail? Hunt’s Midway Chiefs Report Card
- Derby Heroes Reveal The Secret Behind Bucs’ Triumph
- Downs Boss: PSL Has VAR Now?
- Lorch: We Knew Chiefs Were Slow Defensively
- Bucs Coach Praises Two Stars After Derby Win
- Swallows Maintain Unbeaten Record At SuperSport
- Nkosi Hoping Chiefs Are Going Back to ‘Olden Days’
- Bucs Punish Wasteful Chiefs In Soweto Derby
- Hunt: We Should Have Won Quite Comfortably