Result: SuperSport United 1-1 Swallows FC
Date: 30 January 2021
Venue: Lucas Moripe Stadium
Swallows FC managed to maintain their unbeaten status after securing a 1-1 draw at SuperSport United on Saturday evening.
There was no battle of the league’s top marksman, Bradly Grobler and Ruzaigh Gamildien on the day, as the latter missed out through suspension.
While the focus was on the strikers, it was Lucky Mohomi who put SuperSport ahead in the sixth minute with a deflected effort from distance.
Swallows looked to get back on level terms right away, but they had to wait until the 20th minute to test Ronwen Williams who also kept out Lebohang Mokoena’s effort 10 minutes later.
Thamsanqa Gabuza nearly sent the home side into the break with a second goal, but Swallows goalkeeper Virgil Vries produced a superb save from close range to deny the SuperSport striker.
Kaitano Tembo’s men managed to carve out another opening just after the hour mark when Keanan Philips’ cross found Sipho Mbule who headed over the crossbar.
However, Swallows managed to get back on level terms with 17 minutes left on the clock thanks to a strike from Joseph Mhlongo who has now taken his tally to three league goals this season.
SuperSport had the ball in the back of the net on 90 minutes but Mbule’s sweet strike was ruled for Grobler’s foul on Junaid Sait, while Grobler squandered a big headed chance in second-half stoppage time as the encounter ended all sqaure.
As a result, league leaders Mamelodi Sundowns can open a five-point lead if they defeat Chippa United on Sunday.
More to read
- Breaking news : JZ Reveals Pirates’ Formula Against Chiefs
- Madisha’s Passing Confirmed By Family
- Chiefs Boss Explains Ngcobo Decision
- Pass Or Fail? Hunt’s Midway Chiefs Report Card
- Derby Heroes Reveal The Secret Behind Bucs’ Triumph
- Downs Boss: PSL Has VAR Now?
- Lorch: We Knew Chiefs Were Slow Defensively
- Bucs Coach Praises Two Stars After Derby Win
- Swallows Maintain Unbeaten Record At SuperSport
- Nkosi Hoping Chiefs Are Going Back to ‘Olden Days’
- Bucs Punish Wasteful Chiefs In Soweto Derby
- Hunt: We Should Have Won Quite Comfortably